Friday 11 March 2011

I have a Job!

After being unemployed for half a year,  I have successfully forced my little face into the tender world of media production.  Here is a list of things I will miss from my state of worklessness-

Waking up at 6pm
Going to bed at 6pm
Living off Tuna
Being an alcoholic
Not paying council tax
Having the time to thoroughly explore an orifice of my choosing for any forms of life
Filling a room with a smell
Leaving foul messages on friends' answerphones
Not having a preferred political party
Being the "king of house"
Nudity
Watching Mrs Doubtfire several times a day
and spending several hours reading about a rare animal.

I've been in a state of employment for a short while now and this is what I've learnt -

Macs aren't as shit as I keep telling everyone they are
Getting up early is easier now than it was during university
I wasted my free time by not writing enough sketches
Mrs Doubtfire is a very competent film.  Strong plot, strong actors, as long as the audience are willing to suspend disbelief (PRO TERM!) and glance over the fact that Daniel would have presumably used a similar voice to that of Mrs Doubtfire in the past...then we've got a winner on our hands!  Move over Godfather, Mrs Doubtfire is the new benchmark of film making.

Hello son, ignore the fact that I look and sound like your dad.  I'm the English nanny!


 My advice for getting an awesome job in the media is...Do anything and everything for free until someone wants to pay you!  That, and don't be a dick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment